Training your back has a lot of benefits, among which are improved posture, a stronger core, and a stunning look. All you need to do is choose the right exercises and perform them systematically, and the results will show up in no time. We wants to help you on your path to achieving a fit and healthy body. We prepared 10 exercises that are perfect for developing your back muscles and adding volume to them. Time to try them all!
1. One-arm dumbbell row
The one-arm dumbbell row is good for your lats, traps, rear deltoids, and triceps. For this exercise you will need a flat bench and a dumbbell.
Initial position: Place your left knee on a flat bench, your other leg stays on the floor. Your torso should be bent forward and parallel to the floor. Support yourself with your left hand placed on the bench.
What to do:
- Grab a dumbbell with your right hand (your palm should be facing in), keep your back straight, and arm extended.
- Bend your arm at the elbow and bring the dumbbell up to your chest. While doing this, you should feel the tension in your back and shoulder muscles instead of in your arms.
- When you reach the top, squeeze your shoulder and back muscles. Hold the position for a couple of seconds.
- Slowly start putting your hand down until your arm is fully extended.
- Repeat 40 times and switch to the other arm.
2. Close grip pull-ups
Close grip pull-ups are one of the variations of pull-up exercises, and they help to build the lats and biceps. You will need a pull-up bar to perform these.
Initial position: Grab the pull-up bar with your hands placed shoulder-width apart, thumbs pointed at each other, and a straight spine.
What to do:
- Breathe in, squeeze your glutes and bring some tension to your shoulder blades.
- Your elbows should be pointing straight down to the floor and your lats should be activated.
- Bring your chin toward the bar, pulling your body up.
- Slowly bring your body back to the initial position.
- Repeat 10-15 times.