Approximately 2 out of every 10 people in America suffer from a sleep disorder and 60 million people have insomnia. Year after year, we sleep less and progressively become even more stressed. And this is something we need to take care of.
We at want everyone to have peaceful dreams and found some sleep hacks that may improve your quality of life. There is also a useful bonus for you at the end of the article!
1. Sleep on your left side for better health.
Our bodies look symmetrical, but our internal organ placement is not. If we lie on the left side, the stomach and its gastric juices remain lower than the esophagus. So it reduces heartburn.
2. A banana night cap will help you to relax.
Bananas, and especially the peel, are packed full of magnesium and may calm you down. You need one organic banana and filtered water to make your banana water.
- Slice off both ends of the banana and place it into boiling water. Boil 10 minutes.
- Use a colander to drain the banana water into a mug.
- You can add some cinnamon into your banana water. Sip slowly right before bedtime.
3. Try staying awake if you have insomnia.
This may sound like a paradox, but a small study showed that insomniacs who were instructed to lay in bed and try to stay awake with their eyes open, fell asleep quicker than others who were told to fall asleep.