You have pains all over your body and don’t understand why? This could be not just simple fatigue but fibromyalgia – a mysterious disease that doctors around the world still argue about. How does it arise? Does it even exist? The only thing physicians agree on is that it’s time to take care of your health without delay.
I suggests we figure out what’s what together. Important: check yourselves with the map at the end of the article. One extra minute of your time may turn out to be decisive for your health.
- You have persisting pains for more than 3 months.
- Fatigue and stiffness are especially severe in the morning.
- You have a broken sleep pattern.
- The pain in some points of your body is more intense than in others.
- You are plagued by headaches.
- Your periods are very painful.
- You feel discomfort in the bowels and during urination.
- You are weather-dependent and react to cold and heat, sharp smells, and noise.
- Your body temperature can rise without any reason.
- You have unaccountable sensations in your body, especially in your limbs: numbness, burning, swelling, etc.
- You often find it difficult to concentrate and remember things.
- You are in a constantly irritated or depressed mood.
- It’s not a disease, just subjective sensations.
On the contrary, fibromyalgia is one of the most common disorders of the musculoskeletal system. However, there are too many unanswered questions about it, even among doctors. For one, it is still unknown what exactly causes it.
- It only threatens elderly women.
This is not true: even children can be affected, while the majority of people diagnosed range from 20 to 50 years of age. Statistically, fibromyalgia is more prevalent in women, but it doesn’t bypass men either.
- It’s not so bad. The pain is tolerable.
Not true either: fits of pain can even lead to disability. Moreover, there is a possibility that fibromyalgia increases the risk of stroke, particularly in young people.