According to a survey, somewhere between 35% and 45% percent of people in the world suffer from bad breath at some point during their day. Americans spend around $10 billion on oral hygiene products (e.g., mints, gum, mouthwashes, toothpaste, etc.) to combat bad breath every year.
We brings you 7 easy ways to combat bad breath like a ninja using things that you probably already have in your home.
1. Chew a fruit peel.
Rinse off the peel of a citrus fruit like a lemon or orange before popping it into your mouth to chew. It will not only give your breath a burst of freshness but the citric acid in it will also encourage the salivary glands to produce more saliva which is the mouth’s natural defense against bad breath and tooth decay-causing plaque acids.
2. Use natural mouthwashes and breath fresheners.
- Mint leaves help fight bad breath and freshen up your mouth.
- Spices like cloves, cardamom, and fennel seeds are excellent at fighting mouth odor.
- Baking soda is another natural mouthwash that is readily available. Simply dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of water and use it to rinse your mouth. Alternatively, you can also dip your wet toothbrush into baking soda and use it to clean your teeth.
- Tea made with fenugreek leaves is a great antibacterial mouth freshener. Start your day by drinking a cup of it.