If your midweek chicken meals are boring and bland, you’re doing dinner wrong. There are many easy, delicious, and healthy chicken recipes. As long as you arm yourself with a multitude of different chicken dinners, your dining guests won’t groan about the weeknight staple. And you can feel good about serving dishes that are both nutritious and tasty. Here are 10 of the best healthy chicken recipes you and your family will enjoy.
Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.