THE COFFEE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
Let’s discuss what ingredients you’ll need to make a coffee smoothie.
Here’s what you need:
- Milk of choice – in this coffee smoothie, I use unsweetened almond milk, but any unsweetened milk will work
- Banana – half a banana will do the trick, the riper the better for sweetness, and keep it frozen for the best texture
- Nut Butter – peanut butter, cashew butter or almond butter both work great
- Vanilla – vanilla extract goes great with coffee and makes it taste sweeter, too
- Coffee! We use both fresh ground coffee AND brewed, chilled coffee in this recipe. Because: coffee!
- Ice – Only needed if you don’t use a frozen banana or you want it s little thicker
Then, once you have all the ingredients gathered, add them to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth. That’s it — and your perfect morning coffee smoothie is ready to enjoy.
If the smoothie is too thick, you can add either more coffee or milk to loosen. If your smoothie is too thin, just add in a few ice cubes, and re-blend. Using a frozen banana wil help keep your smoothie creamy and thick, so it’s always good to have those ready to grab from the freezer.
WHY THIS COFFEE SMOOTHIE IS A HEALTHY BREAKFAST FOR YOUR DAY
Here are a few reasons why this coffee banana smoothie sits high on the scale of healthy breakfast smoothies:
- It’s vegan
- It’s gluten-free
- It has 0 processed sugars
- It has coffee (duh!)
- It’s super easy and simple
But, that’s just from a high level — let’s dive deeper into WHY the main ingredients are each so good for you, specifically, the coffee, almond milk, banana, and peanut butter.