- Usually deliver sharper images overall, compared to zoom lenses.
- Light weight.
- Better in low light conditions.
- Great for general photography from interiors, to landscapes and portraits.
- Fixed length, won’t zoom.
- The need to carry multiple lenses.
Zoom lenses are great due to their extreme versatility! These lenses allow you to stay in one place (no running around or twisted ankles) and zooms to multiple focal lengths with one auto focus function! A popular zoom lens is the Canon 70-200mm, which means it can zoom as far out as 70mm and up to 200mm (and every focal length in between)! What’s really cool is that zoom lenses (if on auto focus) can maintain that focus while you change your focal length, which means you can snap quickly!
Types of Zoom Lenses: 17-40mm, 24-105mm, 70-200mm